Friday, December 16, 2005

Party in Skates

The expository narrative made me sleep 1:36 in the early morning. I slept that late was because I was not at home and I reached home about 15 minutes to the midnight hour. So I did it in about one and a half hour. My eyes ached, and I was subdued by the darkness after I worked. I fell to my bed.

I slept only 4 hours. When my dad woke me up, I said I will get up, but when he went out of the room, I closed my eyes and let gravity do the work for me. The pillows cushioned my fall. And I went back to sleep.

I woke up 6. My mom was already wrapping some gifts to give.

The fifteenth of December was our Christmas party.

As I went with the morning routine, I helped out in the selection of what gift we will give. I found a hard time choosing. I was a bit worried because the gifts were so.. Girlish? I never bothered the cause.

     We got out of the house at around 7. It was a presumable lateness attitude of mine (and my mom) that took us to the expressway. The traffic already built up and we were stuck behind inch-pacing vehicles.

     I did not notice the rest of the travel, because the effect of the expository narrative still coursed my body.

     I dozed off at the backseat.

     I woke up when we were in front of the school already. I rubbed my eyes and looked at my watch - it read 30 minutes after 8.

     Maybe the traffic was too harsh.

     I dashed to the classroom, only to find that the party had not yet started. The CD player was not there so there was no music. The classroom had a few drinks on the table and lots of pastry, but I did not eat the cakes or the pies there. Not for that later part of the day.

     The bulk order form Shakey s came in. There were many boxes. We were amazed by the fact that the boxes looked few, considering the size of the box in which they were put into. I guess my eyes mismatched my vision, or the meals were just small.

     The meals were small. =)

     The party started about fifteen minutes after the music came in (so did Roemel). Mrs. Okafor came in. The party started with a prayer from Russel. His prayer was good, not unless God does not accept redundancy. I thought the theme of the prayer for that moment was - happiness. I let go of the fact and the party moved on.

     The first game was charades. They were guessing phrases - not words - and they were pointing out clues insanely. Christian looked a bit excited. When the person did not get the clue he screeched no. It was fun watching at them cross logic with lunacy.

     The second game was funny bone. I had good time watching Roemel and Kamille bend themselves into each other. I took pictures of the funny bone game using Mary’s phone.

     The third was the newspaper dance. I was included here, including Lorraine. The dance was a bit difficult for me, with or without my shoes because - I had my feet sweep the area, reducing it to a speck (translation: I have big feet.. I guess..) We lost though with a clear fight, but the situation got green when Pia was held by Ninowell. The position held Pia unto Ninowell up front and he was carrying her by the thighs. Ryle and Mary looked cute when Ryle carried Mary in his arms, aww.. so cute!

     The fourth game was the Boat is Sinking. We looked nuts, first there was an impact on the numbers. We looked like clumps of people, sweating profusely and laughing out. I was expecting another “Group yourselves into 3.5” command. After minutes of gruel separate-grab-group madness, the number was reduced to four - Bea, Christian, Ninowell and me. Then the order was “group yourselves” into three. Christian was pushed out, but he insisted, screaming the hell out of his excitement. The struggle was long and I was a bit tired, so I went out of the group. They all won Jelly-Aces.

     We had the exchange of gifts. Benjie started the line of giving. So it went on to Trix, to Loribelle to a whole lot of people and then to me, to Jennifer and to  the rest of the lot. I received a Blue Magic pillow. It was cute, although I expected the raccoon stuff toy a lot. =)

     I received a lots of gift from the person that I know.. (* ^ _^ *) I was so touched but also a felt a flicker of guilt. I had only two gifts for her. Aww. I also received a big bird keychain from Loribelle, and another keychain from CM. Thea gave me a personalized tag. Thanks guys! ^ ^

     We ate at last. The boxes contained a slice of pizza, a cup of pasta, two mojos, a chicken piece and utensils, complete with sauce and tissue. The only lonesome fact was the food was already cold. Aww.

     After we ate, we prepared for the Carol Fest. Mendel came in and wanted the fest to be over and asked Mrs. Okafor if they could perform first, secondly Hertz (the reason was the Basa Ice Skating Team will skate later that day, and I will also come). So we did perform! We embarrassed ourselves. It was okay, at least we sang in perfect unison.

     Our voices echoed in my mind for a little while.

     After the performance, I rushed myself into throwing the trash, removing décor and waxing the floor. Mendel was waiting for me. But I could not get out for the moment. Philippe even came and said they were already going. Sad about the disposition and tired form the sudden rush of effort that I subdued myself with. Kat saw me and said that I should go. I asked Kamille if I could and I heard the answer.

     I rushed after Mendel. They were still at the gate, and I saw some frowning faces. I felt then stupid and guilty because they waited for me a long time. I said sorry to Maritoni, who looked bummed at the team’s position. We rode a Tas Trans bus and wheeled of to Las Pinas.

     I sat with Vanir on the bus. She said that it was okay, and that they reasoned me out of the situation. I felt a lot better. I started giving gifts afterwards. I found a strange fact about what happened. I was guessing gifts for the girls. So I gave up the gifts. Amazingly, all the gifts matched what they really prefer, like color or style. I was stunned, but I felt happy. Nica gave me a bookmark and Aby gave me a red-nosed dog.

     It was traffic at Moonwalk. We were excited about skating again. We reached SM Southmall at 3:30. So we have 2.5 hours to skate. After going down the bus we went down the stairs and into the rink. We paid our corresponding passes and lockers, got our boots and skidded our way to the rink.

     The rink was much smaller than in Megamall, and it was wet. The tendency was to slip a lot. It took us a bit of time to adapt to the environment. The fact that mist swirled up and the ice was slippery meant that the air was becoming colder than the ice below. We were shivering in the rink.

     When we felt comfortable with the ice, we started regaining our glides. Julius, Bea and I learned the high speed glide. It was a continuous glide with steps. The fewer the steps we took, the faster the glide. We even had games with the ice. We played tag in which it was an all-tag method. Tag someone and both of you will become the “it”s.

     It was an adrenaline rush, because we skid ourselves free from the chasers. I enjoyed it very much - only I got tagged by Mike, tumbling down in the course of action. It was fun.. =)

     CM was practicing the glide. When h first tried it he always lost his balance and stumbled down into his ass and knees. We encouraged him, until he got it. At last, he could glide! Philippe and I tried the back gliding by transferring your weight backwards. Bea slid her way back with a twisting step. We also did some circling that made us (Bea and I) skid, scrape and fall down.

     Mike and Philippe hid a 25 cent coin in the ice. It was difficult at first, but I tried to find the most obvious way hat they would hide it. I first searched the sides of the rink (there were some small crevasses) so I searched those areas. Another obvious method was covering the coin in ice.

     Surprisingly, I found the coin at the side of the rink covered in ice.

     We stayed there until 6. We were using the limit. It was great! There were less people, so we could move freely. I was really amazed how speedy we got in just two hours. We even had the greatest exhibition - Carlos flipped 360 degrees, however he did it horizontally, so he rolled up the air and fell flat down the ice. Wow! He looked hurt, but the laughter ran out that it healed him, maybe, but it was a good ice breaker. ^ ^

     We all went to the Food Court and hydrated ourselves. The darkness filled the atmosphere, so they decided to go home.

     Except me, Philippe and Carlos.

     Philippe went bowling! There were some stray shots and I tried some shots to. We got about 6 tickets. ^ ^ Carlos did not want to play. He canvassed for a bag in a sports store.

     We went top the Dance Maniax machine up two floors. It was a append J mix paradise. I really thought it was a para para mix. But I was just confused with the para in the paradise in the j append. There were new songs! Amazing!

     The DM aJP mix does not work with the glide system, so Philippe had a hard time getting combos. He was a glider, CM did a part-glide and part-point movement, and I did a point movement. It played an old classic song The Twist, a family computer song Twin Bee, Absolute by dj Taka (maker of Quickening), sanctus (a song much like the Gregorian chants) and the Can.. We went nuts over the new songs. I really enjoyed Absolute because it had a catchy tune. =)

     We went out of SM at 8. We went off at different directions and travelled to our homes.

     It was a long day!

     It was somehow exciting and germ-busting. I felt tired to write a blog post that day.

     At least I have narrated it.

     Ciao~

     

          

     

my mind fleeted at :10:16 pm ;

AUTHOR

jay-v james gatdula barit
jebski, jevy, jebby, jev
january 6, 1991
5'11"
tanned
up manila
up college of nursing
block 26
manila science high school
newton, hertz, rutherford, padolina
up manila chorale trainee
manila science alumni chorale member
baritone
jokes, sarcasm and criticisms
blue and green
cute and sexy =p
Pugad Baboy and Garfield
Cyanide and Happiness
piano and voice
watermelons and oranges
cake and ice cream
ice skating and swimming
coffee and hot chocolate
chemistry and pathology
lover and loved


DREAMS

I will become a nurse, then become a doctor, then become a Master of Professional Health Education, and teach at UP someday.

I will have my own house with a very large garden, filled with flowers and trees.

I will get a 1.0 in at least one subject in my course of education in UP. (Now this is ridiculous. But please let me be happy.)

I will have musically-trained ears. Someday. =)

I will learn a foreign language by heart. =)

CREDITS

Designer : kriss.kringle
Upload : picoodle
Image : FuturesporT



LINKED


*Thea Marie Pias (old)
*Thea Marie Pias (new)
*Leslie Anne Santelices
*Vanir Ellaine Bienvenida Campo
*Marie Anne Pauline Ballacillo
*Claudine Valbuena
*Precious Bernadette Avila
*Beatriz Cecilia Montenegro
*Maria Angelica Basada
*Klyonne Whannica Mari Dela Cruz
*Michaelle Cueco
*Rosalyn Margaret Pacaña
*Louise Manuel
*Kalenina Nathalia Agcaoili
*Leah Sumbeling
*Maritoni Jane Basa
*Anna Beatriz Chua
*Anna Phylicia Ramos
*Pauline Anne Macapagal
*Trixia Quinzon
*Kathrina Jane Baron
*Celiz Marie Embuscado
*Janine Sotomil
*Esther Jhudiel Dela Vega
*Kris Jaeyani Daza
*Bea Marnelli Pitoy
*Christine Minnelle Mercader
*Royce Margaux Dimailig

*Kevin Javier
*Niño Jospeh Paz
*Philippe Ronel Labrias
*Carlos Miguel Fabian
*Julius Victorius Saluria
*Cean Angelo Reyes
*John Paul Abad
*Masaki Mitsuhashi
*Angelo Crisanto Miranda
*Ralph Anthony Geronimo
*Iric Kevin Santos
*Jason Mari Josol

*Jane Rose Lim

*Josine Baluyot

*Ronnie Baticulon
*[ShawBoy]

*Basa Dance Troupe

*Edgar De Las Alas Jr.
*Arlaj Turingan
*Jomar Reyes
*Ate Carnaval
*Kuya Aaron
*Mikhail Olalo
*Ate Sachie
*Sayote Queen
*Ate Glenda
*Ituloy angsulong
*Kim Batch 2008



RULES

smile.
sing.
leave a mark.
plese do comment. thanks.


RECORDS
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007

COMMENT