Friday, May 05, 2006
Intellectual, Athletic and Mild-Mannered

I had a long day running for the review. I first had a no-breakfast route to Wesleyan College by taking the St. Rose bus and riding a jeep to Vito Cruz. I had no escape from the long walk. Not really long - but I didn’t have too much energy to start the day.
When I reached the building it was the first time the guard asked for my ID. We got them from Sir Vlad. When I got my ID stuck in my module which was nested in my big bag filled with stuff for badminton later and a dictionary, the guard let me in. I looked at the time.
8:01
I missed a minute!
Never mind. I went to the Lilliputian flight of stairs (it was just three floors above) and reached the classroom. Hello Room 303!
When someone enters a room, the students inside maintain a flash-act mechanism. When the door opens, everyone turns their heads into the passageway and takes about 0.8 seconds to recognize the person accompanied with a 1.2 second silence. If this someone was the teacher the silence becomes global. When a student enters, the mechanism ends.
[I just invented those numbers. An estimate? Nah…]
Ms. Tina was late. She did something that made her late. That’s what she said anyway.
As we continued the lessons we got into a very scientific detail. English rarely becomes scientific.
Ms. Tina already knows that mosquitoes like the color blue, and she added that mosquitoes like men more, because men are dirtier. Most Mascians looked at Dane Marc and laughed.
A student then raised her hand and added another fact. Ants don’t sleep.
Ms. Tina then turned her head to us Mascians. She asked this (the innocence of this question is unquestionably innocent): Do ants have eyes?
……..
No.
Ms. Tina suddenly had a very interesting theory. Ants don’t sleep because they don’t have eyes. She even drew the image she knew of an ant. [The pic above is the unedited version derived from the greying whiteboard.]
We had break, and I got a pack of Magic Flakes and bought a bottle of C2 with Blessie. We ate and talked afterwards. It took about 15 minutes before Ms. Rose appeared suddenly.
Ms. Rose, as I described her was of the typical teacher type. However she was an expert on shortcuts in Mathematics. Her techniques are ingenious - it was the first time I understood Math. (Maybe I was just not listening during my former Math classes…).
After Ms. Rose left class early, Sir Vlad did an apparition and made some announcements. For a summary - Invite Nucleus on Friendster. nucleus_rt@yahoo.com
Philippe, Carlos, Anna, Aby, Yani and I went to UP Manila to get the application forms to UP. We waited within the heat. It wasn’t warm. One could melt chocolate outside. However since we were outside it seemed that we were the ones who were melting.
We got the forms and then we had lunch at KFC. I almost forgot - we went first to Badminton City to check on Vanir and Cean. They were going to make a copy of the review module. Back to lunch - almost everyone had their chicken steak while I had the chicken burger. [Even though the commercial said that the chicken burger would increase the size of my mandible, I really don’t know, because I felt lock-jawed at the moment…]
We went to Badminton City and met Niño there. Yani went home and Niño disappeared with her, while the rest started changing into comfortable clothes for a good play.
I still love the rallies that I do with Carlos on single play. It was hard playing with Aby and Anna, because they keep crossing each other’s areas, and they are almost trying to get every shot whenever possible [nagaagawan sila!!!!] and their rackets seemed like swords in a cavalier’s battle.
When Carlos and I asked permission to use another court, I experience what I would call a reflective parallax. The reflected light in my side of court was confusing that I kept missing most of my shots. Good thing the people who resided over that court were going to play and we were forced to look for another court.
Carlos and I got a hang of rallying, we reached Z and did more shots. We didn’t try power play though. After sitting near the bench and trying to melt the frozen ice in the bottles Philippe had, we watched some experienced players doing the “power play”. We heard the distinct sound of the shuttlecock ramming hard into the racket to the other side with speed.
Carlos and I were also the first people to enter the shower room. I even got into a conversation with a total stranger. Geez… I felt uncomfortable being talked so suddenly. I kept my cool though.
After finishing a cool shower we hanged in the shower room for a while because it had an electric fan. I didn’t even wear my shirt just yet. However Niño asked for his number tag. Carlos and I then came out of the shower room and went to Anna and Aby who were waiting for us.
We then took a peek at the swimming pool with a lot of people struggling to swim and float. Our conversation took a lot of views and techniques and swimming, with encouragement for Carlos because he quitted at swimming. “You’re never too old to learn.”
Aby and Anna went home while the four of us went to SM and tried Marvin’s but it was closed. Our billiards plan was blasted, so we went up to Quantum. Philippe and I were waiting for a token in DDR. Carlos and Niño left, and we did the usual song list: Jane Jana, Let’s Groove, Love Shine, Holic, and Sexy Planet.
After one strenuous set we went to Netopia and played DotA 6.32 with the new heroes. I gave up on my hero because it was intended to be used on a low intelligence hero, however Philippe used Jakiro, the twin headed dragon whose skills were both pyrotechnic and cryogenic.
We played some versions of LAN games, including a game which included protecting a base and getting stats that could soar into 7000+ with the PC slowing down.
It became boring when the PC wouldn’t even let the mouse pointer move correctly.
Oops. Philippe needed to be early home with his parents and we received a lash of words of parental anger and concern. We did take too long of a stay at SM.
I would like to thank Philippe’s parents for taking me to Alabang (they even used the Skyway.. yikes…) Thank you!
What a Thursday. I can’t even get a good rest. My body hurts a bit. Ciao~
my mind fleeted at :11:44 pm ;
AUTHOR
jay-v james gatdula barit
jebski, jevy, jebby, jev
january 6, 1991
5'11"
tanned
up manila
up college of nursing
block 26
manila science high school
newton, hertz, rutherford, padolina
up manila chorale trainee
manila science alumni chorale member
baritone
jokes, sarcasm and criticisms
blue and green
cute and sexy =p
Pugad Baboy and Garfield
Cyanide and Happiness
piano and voice
watermelons and oranges
cake and ice cream
ice skating and swimming
coffee and hot chocolate
chemistry and pathology
lover and loved
DREAMS
I will become a nurse, then become a doctor, then become a Master of Professional Health Education, and teach at UP someday.
I will have my own house with a very large garden, filled with flowers and trees.
I will get a 1.0 in at least one subject in my course of education in UP. (Now this is ridiculous. But please let me be happy.)
I will have musically-trained ears. Someday. =)
I will learn a foreign language by heart. =)
CREDITS
Designer :
kriss.
kringle
Upload :
picoodle
Image :
FuturesporT
LINKED
*
Thea Marie Pias (old)
*
Thea Marie Pias (new)
*
Leslie Anne Santelices
*
Vanir Ellaine Bienvenida Campo
*
Marie Anne Pauline Ballacillo
*
Claudine Valbuena
*
Precious Bernadette Avila
*
Beatriz Cecilia Montenegro
*
Maria Angelica Basada
*
Klyonne Whannica Mari Dela Cruz
*
Michaelle Cueco
*
Rosalyn Margaret Pacaña
*
Louise Manuel
*
Kalenina Nathalia Agcaoili
*
Leah Sumbeling
*
Maritoni Jane Basa
*
Anna Beatriz Chua
*
Anna Phylicia Ramos
*
Pauline Anne Macapagal
*
Trixia Quinzon
*
Kathrina Jane Baron
*
Celiz Marie Embuscado
*
Janine Sotomil
*
Esther Jhudiel Dela Vega
*
Kris Jaeyani Daza
*
Bea Marnelli Pitoy
*
Christine Minnelle Mercader
*
Royce Margaux Dimailig
*
Kevin Javier
*
Niño Jospeh Paz
*
Philippe Ronel Labrias
*
Carlos Miguel Fabian
*
Julius Victorius Saluria
*
Cean Angelo Reyes
*
John Paul Abad
*
Masaki Mitsuhashi
*
Angelo Crisanto Miranda
*
Ralph Anthony Geronimo
*
Iric Kevin Santos
*
Jason Mari Josol
*
Jane Rose Lim
*
Josine Baluyot
*
Ronnie Baticulon
*
[ShawBoy]
*
Basa Dance Troupe
*
Edgar De Las Alas Jr.
*
Arlaj Turingan
*
Jomar Reyes
*
Ate Carnaval
*
Kuya Aaron
*
Mikhail Olalo
*
Ate Sachie
*
Sayote Queen
*
Ate Glenda
*
Ituloy angsulong
*
Kim Batch 2008
RULES
smile.
sing.
leave a mark.
plese do comment. thanks.
RECORDS
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
COMMENT