Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Occasional Storms, Stormy Occasions
Last Saturday was the day the storm Caloy broke havoc and cascade upon the Philippines. It was raining like hell outside and the winds blew to the point of trying to uproot everything - trees, houses and humans. It was May 13, were two occasions went on the same day for one special achievement.
Trying to be on both occasions while the storm proceeded.
First was Thea’s birthday, which included a lot of hassled decisions whether I would come to her birthday. I promised that I would come (with a little forceful attempt from Thea) and devised a plan to get there with Philippe, who was left home because the storm raged (which means he couldn’t go to Thea’s birthday).
My mom went to Shopwise to buy a few needed things for my brother’s graduation. My dad and I went to Metrocor B and fetched Philippe at their house, all-ready to go. My brother needed to be at his graduation at 3 (a lie, of course, talking schedules with my mom involved would mean giving a lot of time before the actual event because she has a tendency to be late; like if you would meet at 3 the time would reach 5 before my mom shows up, or lunch appointments becoming dinnertime, something like that… and everyone is used to it…) and it took us about 30 minutes to return to Shopwise.
I bought lemon extract and yellow food color for the candy that I would make for Thea (to be foretold as a failure later on) and Philippe and I bought peach roses (my mom suggested it, and hey, wouldn’t it be if I hadn’t shared the financial burden with Philippe for those peach roses??? How sweet… Anyway….)
My aunts came with my cousin (who’s my graduating brother’s best friend and cousin) and we all packed ourselves in the car and scooted off back to our house, then rushed to the Susana Heights entrance of the SLEX.
It was a fatal mistake. The traffic was awful. Snail’s pace we moved, but we were still moving! Don’t lose hope!!!
My parents dropped Philippe and me at the side of the Sucat exit in the highway because they would take the Skyway. We agreed and Philippe and I walked at the side of the expressway, with cars and buses passing us by, gaited under the Sucat bridge, and took a shortcut to a grassy hill which led immediately to the upper grounds.
There were two PNCC officers keeping a lookout, so we climbed the slope and tried to walk as far as possible before they realize that we came out of the SLEX walking.
The winds were strong that our umbrellas gave up, forcing us to walk alongside the torrent of water and wind. We took a jeep to Merville, which took long wait at the roadside terminal because the driver wanted a lot of passengers. Good thing he gave up and went on driving.
We reached Merville and saw Camille, Kamille, and Katrina just before our tricycle left. We asked the driver to wait for them and we all got to ride that 6-seat tricycle to our second to the last pit stop (Amazing Race?!?!?), Merville II. We rode another tricycle to Thea’s house.
At last! We reached Thea and surprised her. Thea and Michaelle even betted on us. Sheesh. There were a handful of guests, and there were singing, food, videos, band rocking and the gifts. I tried making lemon acndy, however when I was nearly finished I stirred it too much, causing it to cool rapidly and form flakes. What a failure.
I ate about 40% of the tiramisu that Thea made with cream, graham crackers, mangoes and chocolate syrup. Yum! Christian Vibar couldn’t come though (he was Thea’s favourite diner, he could keep the whole baking pan of tiramisu to himself… how nice..^___^)
We got to find out a lot about a lot of people. I met a few more Newton people. We saw the newborn kittens of Thea’s mixed breed cat. We knew of Ralph’s allergy to seafood (we pretty much enjoyed eating the crabs and shrimps beside him… just kidding…). It was a small gathering reduced by the storm, but it was still fun.
Philippe and I left at 8, because we were fetched by my parents and my already graduated brother together with my aunts and my cousin who ate at Shakey’s… We said some goodbyes, and off we went.
Philippe went down at Alabang for his travel back home in Las Piñas. When we reached the house, we just realized that there wasn’t any prepared food yet, and some guests arrived.
Everyone had to cook, eat and have fun.
Nice celebrations. They sure are dated, but could be pretty random. Ciao~
my mind fleeted at :7:45 pm ;
AUTHOR
jay-v james gatdula barit
jebski, jevy, jebby, jev
january 6, 1991
5'11"
tanned
up manila
up college of nursing
block 26
manila science high school
newton, hertz, rutherford, padolina
up manila chorale trainee
manila science alumni chorale member
baritone
jokes, sarcasm and criticisms
blue and green
cute and sexy =p
Pugad Baboy and Garfield
Cyanide and Happiness
piano and voice
watermelons and oranges
cake and ice cream
ice skating and swimming
coffee and hot chocolate
chemistry and pathology
lover and loved
DREAMS
I will become a nurse, then become a doctor, then become a Master of Professional Health Education, and teach at UP someday.
I will have my own house with a very large garden, filled with flowers and trees.
I will get a 1.0 in at least one subject in my course of education in UP. (Now this is ridiculous. But please let me be happy.)
I will have musically-trained ears. Someday. =)
I will learn a foreign language by heart. =)
CREDITS
Designer :
kriss.
kringle
Upload :
picoodle
Image :
FuturesporT
LINKED
*
Thea Marie Pias (old)
*
Thea Marie Pias (new)
*
Leslie Anne Santelices
*
Vanir Ellaine Bienvenida Campo
*
Marie Anne Pauline Ballacillo
*
Claudine Valbuena
*
Precious Bernadette Avila
*
Beatriz Cecilia Montenegro
*
Maria Angelica Basada
*
Klyonne Whannica Mari Dela Cruz
*
Michaelle Cueco
*
Rosalyn Margaret Pacaña
*
Louise Manuel
*
Kalenina Nathalia Agcaoili
*
Leah Sumbeling
*
Maritoni Jane Basa
*
Anna Beatriz Chua
*
Anna Phylicia Ramos
*
Pauline Anne Macapagal
*
Trixia Quinzon
*
Kathrina Jane Baron
*
Celiz Marie Embuscado
*
Janine Sotomil
*
Esther Jhudiel Dela Vega
*
Kris Jaeyani Daza
*
Bea Marnelli Pitoy
*
Christine Minnelle Mercader
*
Royce Margaux Dimailig
*
Kevin Javier
*
Niño Jospeh Paz
*
Philippe Ronel Labrias
*
Carlos Miguel Fabian
*
Julius Victorius Saluria
*
Cean Angelo Reyes
*
John Paul Abad
*
Masaki Mitsuhashi
*
Angelo Crisanto Miranda
*
Ralph Anthony Geronimo
*
Iric Kevin Santos
*
Jason Mari Josol
*
Jane Rose Lim
*
Josine Baluyot
*
Ronnie Baticulon
*
[ShawBoy]
*
Basa Dance Troupe
*
Edgar De Las Alas Jr.
*
Arlaj Turingan
*
Jomar Reyes
*
Ate Carnaval
*
Kuya Aaron
*
Mikhail Olalo
*
Ate Sachie
*
Sayote Queen
*
Ate Glenda
*
Ituloy angsulong
*
Kim Batch 2008
RULES
smile.
sing.
leave a mark.
plese do comment. thanks.
RECORDS
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
COMMENT